- The dishwasher needs loaded/unloaded/reloaded
- There is a pile of laundry as tall as my kid waiting on me.
- I have my big Christmas projects to do at work.
- The lights on the Christmas tree went out, AGAIN.
- The dogs are barking at the squirrels in the trees above them.
- The dogs are barking at the new dogs two doors down.
- The dogs are barking at the air.
- My sister just got a fabulous new job at a fabulously funky bakery and I NEED to go try one of those Pucker Up Cupcakes she posted pictures of on her blog.
- I still have to get a gift for my mother-in-law, who lives 500 miles away and is IMPOSSIBLE to buy for.
- Did I mention, FACEBOOK?
Yes, gentle readers, things are moving right along in Melz World. Thanks to two separate Turners (Anna Marie and ME) having not only Christmas musicals two weekends in a row, but stomach viruses the weekend of each respective musical performance, I feel like I've just lost half of December.
(Why do they call it the "24 hour" virus anyway? Because it took me about three days to fully recover from mine!)
I do, by the way, have a photo of the tree taken during the 24-hours when all the lights were working - but my parents borrowed my camera last weekend, and haven't returned it yet.
(My mom has this rather complicated system set up with one of her sisters, you see. The sister has a long list of health problems and an even longer Christmas list, so my mom does all her shopping/wrapping/shipping for her. The camera is to take pictures of the gifts before they're wrapped, so the aunt can see what she paid for without my mom having to load everything up and haul it to my aunt's first.)
Anna Marie's Christmas break is scheduled to start in about 20 minutes, and it's two weeks of sleeping later/no backpacks/no lunches to worry about! Yippee!
Haul out the holly, Y'all!