Sunday, March 20, 2011

How does your garden grow?

One of the many changes here at Melz World is that I've apparently become a gardener.

No, really!

I've wanted for years to be one of "those people" - the ones who worked in the dirt, making beautiful landscapes and growing more vegetables than they could ever eat every summer.

IMAG0127



Every year, I've had good intentions. Every year, I've failed.

Not this year. At least not in the "following through on my good intentions" part.

Will these impatiens and violets grow? I don't know. Will the dogs destroy my hard work? I have no clue.

All I know is I spent time digging in the dirt today, and, for now at least, it looks good. I've often thought that I might have talents I didn't know I had, just because I've never tried. Well, here's my chance to see just what color my thumb is, once and for all.

So tell me, gentle readers, how does YOUR garden grow?

(No, for real. I need some tips!)

No comments: