Friday, November 02, 2007

Offiical "Thursday" weigh-in

It's still Thursday somewhere, right?

(Actually, this might just be my lame attempt to participate in NaBloPoMo.)

On to the mayhem!

Can you believe I gained back the pound-and-a-half I lost last week? Maybe you can, after my hormonal ranting of the past few days.

My weigh-in person asked me if I'd "done something different, or is it just that time?"

She's a firm believer in the "legal gain" once a month.

(For the record, so am I.)

Back up to 158.

And while we're on that subject, someone out in Telemarketer Land has caught on to the fact that I don't have health insurance. I've been getting these calls at work, trying to get me a quote. They don't ask anything very personal, like my SSN. But this week, one lady did ask me my height and weight.

Me: "5'2", 156.5 pounds" (said rather proudly.)

Her: "Oh honey, you and I are fighting the same battle! I got on the scale the other day, and it still said 155. It's never going to budge."

Me: "Well, just be glad we weren't talking when I weighed 237."

Maybe it was the hormones, maybe it was her tone, but I got a little offended. Or, maybe it's because I know that the more you weigh, the more you pay in health insurance.

At any rate, I guess I'll keep plugging along.

3 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

Just a small bump in the road.

Valerie said...

a small bump...just one that averages out to 1.5lbs.

and tell that telemarketer that at least you don't carry your fat in your head. so there. phftttttttttt.

Steff said...

At least you aren't giving up! You keep going along and that I admire. You'll get there. :)