Monday, November 12, 2007

Pictures from Saturday





Oh, and I guess y'all want to know how AM is feeling today, huh?

Well, she only woke up once last night, and then slept until the alarm went off without coughing, so I thought she was improved. And then the coughing started again and I told her that Jason was taking her to the doctor before she went to school.

"Can't I go next Saturday?" she said.

"No. For one, your doctor isn't open on Saturday. And two, I'm not going through another week of this."

(In hindsight, I guess I should've said that she didn't need to go through another week of coughing.)

So, he got up and took her, and came out with a prescription for a stronger medicine for congestion and drainage, and an antibiotic to help ward off an infection.

For the record, I'm not crazy about willy-nilly antibiotic use, but she's only taken them about three times her whole life, so I'm not feeling too badly about this.

Anyway - we went to the Big Box Retailer at lunch to get them filled. Half an hour later, we went back to the pharmacy to pick them up. Of course they had the Amoxicillin - of course they did. What they did not have, however, was the other medicine - the one she probably needed worse. I have to go back tomorrow at lunch to pick it up.

Hmph.

The doctor did say to keep giving her the last kind of cough medicine we'd bought, Delsym, because it worked pretty well.

Of course, she didn't have a coughing fit the entire time she was at the doctor's office, Jason said, but started as soon as they left.

Figures.

5 comments:

Steff said...

What a cutie...though how many times can we say it?! LOL Glad she's feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2UsNbsjpuLc

Valerie said...

she is too stinking cute.
but so is her momma and auntie.

Sheila said...

How cute she looks in those pictures! What a good-looking mouse!
I sure hope her cough gets better. Hopefully these medications will work.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the compliments - after a while, it gets to feel like "Hey, here's my cute kid, isn't she cute, bow to her cuteness, blah, blah, blah" around here.

And that's not what I'm about! I promise!