Monday, July 28, 2008

The Super-Duper-Mega-Marathon Post!

You'd think I don't have access to a computer all weekend.

You'd be wrong.

I just prefer to spend my weekends focusing on The Kid. And doing housework. (Well, I don't really prefer the housework part, but it is what it is.)

So, last week Valerie did these two posts. And in one, she gave me an award. And in the other, she tagged me.

And I have responded to neither, and they're like a big blogging roadblock that I can't get past until I answer, so here they go.

Part The First:



She thinks my tractor's sexy I have an artistic blog!

Very nice, no? Apparently they're starved for "real writin'" in La-La Land, so she picked my blog as an example! SWEET!

Here's the rules:

Recipients of this award must strive to pass it along. Indeed, one good turn deserves another.

(1) Pick five blogs that you believe deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

(2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

(3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given him or her the award itself.

(4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award which is here: Arte Y Pico

So, here's where the hard part comes: picking the five blogs.

1. Amanda, the World's Most Amazing Photographer (sorry, Valerie, but she does free pics of The Kid!) I wish I had just a smidgen of her talent. sigh

2. Wendy, the girl who can take a stain on a pair of pants and make it into a work of art. For real! And don't even get me started on her imagination. See also: Butter Duck.

3. Jolene, the Super Duper Craft Diva. More than just a scrapbooker, she's into woodworking and all sorts of other stuff!

4. Lissete, who not only knows the "art" of bargain hunting, but is also a pretty avid crafter herself. Just go over to her blog, and check out her newly-acquired cake decorating skills.

5. Heather, who is both a blogging whiz and a stinkin' great writer. And did I mention she doesn't use a hairbrush? Genius!

Oh my goodness, y'all. That whole tagging thing is stressful! Moving on …

Part The Second:

Miz Susie Q. is a great fan of lists (and Brian Dennehey) so it should come as no surprise that she made up a meme all of her own.

And now, I've gotten sucked into it.

~Susie Q's "My Favorite Things" Game~

Here's the rules: you can only pick one (yes one) thing for each category. you attach the icon to your answers, pick five more and just have fun!

Sport: basketball
Game: solitaire
Color: Blue
Movie: It changes from time to time, but right now, All Across the Universe.
Broadway play I have seen: None - that's right, I live in a cultural wasteland.
Broadway Musical I have seen: My college did a few - like Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella and Brigadoon. Do they count?
Song: Hey Now by Tobymac
American city I have visited: Greenville, SC
Foreign city I have visited: The only foreign city I've visited is Windsor, Canada, so I guess that'll have to do!
Book: Anne of Green Gables
Children's Book: The Monster at the End of This Book
Classic television show: The Golden Girls
Recent television show: Doctor Who
Actor: David Tennant
Actress: Reese Witherspoon
Perfume: Philosophy's Amazing Grace
Food: burgers
Dessert: cheesecake
Chain Restaurant: Moe's
Local Restaurant: Rio Lindo
Car: Pontiac Grand Prix
Condiment: Tabasco (preferably chipotle or jalapeno flavor)
Kitchen Appliance: Senseo coffee maker
Home Appliance: DVD player
Beauty Product: concealer - gotta love those dark under-eye circles!
Piece of clothing: flip flops
HGTV Show: Decorating Cents
Food Network show: Good Eats!
Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - when I was a teenager, I read all the Sherlock Holmes mysteries!
Male Songwriter: The guys from They Might Be Giants
Female Songwriter: can't think of one
Holiday: Christmas
Ballet I have seen: A Very Brady Nutcracker - yes, the one Anna Marie was in!
Disney character: Winnie the Pooh
Flower: daisies
Alcoholic drink: I don't drink
Non-Alcoholic drink: Coke Zero
Magazine: Family Circle - I am such a dork!
Animated movie: Ratatouille
Television network miniseries: I don't see many of those these days, so I don't really have one.
Season: fall

(MY GOSH! ARE WE ALMOST DONE? I'M GETTING MEME FATIGUE!)

Male vocalist: Frank Sinatra
Female vocalist: Annie Lennox
Day of the week: Saturday
Household Chore: laundry
Ice Cream: Schwan's Triple Lemon Frozen Yogurt
Candy: Dove dark chocolate
Artist: Anna Marie, of course!
Quotation: It's really not that you can't see the forest for the trees; you've never been out in the woods alone - Ben Folds

That was very taxing! Therefore, I'm not going to tag anyone - I'm taking the coward's way out, and saying "respond at your own risk."

You might also want to take a vacation day before you begin.

Now that this monkey is off my back, maybe I can blog about other stuff!

3 comments:

Lissete said...

Awwww, you're too sweet! Yeah, my mad freaky clown cakes got to you huh?

Thanks! I'll post tommorow, as my eyes are about to shut.

doodlebugmom said...

It was fun reading all your answers.

Susie Q said...

Yeah!! You did my list!! Yippee!! I loved reading it and yes, it WAS long! Evil laughter!

Happy birthday to your pretty sister even if I am a bit late!

I loved reading about he sleepover. I helped with one the year before Danny arrived. It was for a Navy friend's daughter. he was a divorced man and his little girl turned 10 and all she wanted was a gaggle of girls over for the night. He asked me and another neighbor to step in and oh what a night. (And I do not mean the Frankie Valley and the 4 Seasons song!) Sleepover? What sleep? *grin*
But the girls always have fun and I know that sweet AM was the belle of it all. I send hugs and more hugs to you all.

Love,
Sue