Thursday, February 19, 2009

Official Thursday Weigh-In

I figure as long as that gym I've joined has a scale, I may as well use it.

First thing in the morning, before I've had anything to eat or drink, so that won't be affecting my weight.

Now, let me just say, it's one of those doctor-type scales, and I'm not completely sure I'm using it right. But - yesterday, I weighed 149, which would be a half pound loss from the last time I weighed in about a month ago. And today, it was 150. I know I didn't gain a pound overnight! I blame it on the Chinese food I had for dinner last night. And on the increase in exercise, because we all know that both of those things will make you retain water!

So, I'm going to split the difference, and say 149.5, which is the same as I weighed before.

(And no, I'm not going to weigh myself every morning - I just wanted to see where I was yesterday, since it had been so long. I'm planning on staying with a Thursday weigh-in schedule.)

I got back on the recumbent bike today, and LAWD, it was hard. It's supposed to increase the resistance once your heart rate gets up to its target, to keep you from over-shooting, but it was SO HARD to pedal from the get-go that I was sore (to the point of not being able to move my legs) within the first three minutes. So I set it to manual mode (where I control the resistance! BWAHAHAHA!) and it was much better. I think there may be something wonky with the machine I was using (it also kept saying my workout was paused, when it wasn't) but there isn't any staff there at 5 a.m. so I couldn't report it.

I'll let some more experienced gym bunny fail on it later today, when someone is around to complain to!

1 comment:

Wendster said...

Dang wonky bicycle!!!

I think it had some bug in it ... some kind of "conspiracy" something was going on for sure. LOL