Thursday, February 26, 2009

Official Thursday Weigh-In

Let's just get this over with. I weighed in this morning, and, if I'm reading that scale at the gym correctly, there was no change.

None. Nada. Zip.

Which means that I'm maintaining, which is good. I mean, that's what I said I'd be happy with, right? Right?

I haven't been to the gym in two days, because Jason's been in Memphis and I can't very well leave a seven-year-old at home alone. But I was back in there today, hoofing it on the treadmill, and getting back into the groove.

I'm in this thing for the long haul, and if it means that I never break 140, well, then, so be it. I guess I need to start taking my measurements, so that I'm not so freaked out by the number on the scale each week.

Now, I'm contemplating what the best way is to tell my Weight Watchers leader that I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from coming to the meetings. Partly because of the environment I grew up in, I have a SEVERE anxiety about telling people things that might mean they aren't happy with me.

(Yes, I know she isn't going to fly off the handle like some people I know, but still - I don't like to have people possibly not like me! I have issues!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stop going. You don't have to TEll her that you aren't going, do you?

Melissa said...

Well, last week one of my friends who goes (and I haven't told her either) sent me a text asking if I was coming, and said that the lady who takes the money was asking about me. I guess I feel like since I've been going there for three and a half years, I need to tell them and not just stop going. We live in a small town, and I'm bound to run in to them sooner or later!

Then again, no one has called me, and they all know where to find me…

Wendster said...

I am thinking that an email or a note will suffice.

You don't have to go in person if that would make you unbearably anxious (I feel the same way).

Also ... a phone call will do. That way if it gets uncomfortable or weird you can just say: "No more talking for you, goodbye." LOL! and you are out of the stressful environment instantly.

I know what you mean about anxiety and "confrontation" (that's what I call it) ... I don't like to talk to people about things that will be uncomfortable for either of us to say or hear. However, I just make myself remember how good it is for THEM to know things that they really NEED to know ... like it's good to tell the guy you don't like that you won't be seeing him again (rather than some nicey nice words that make him feel like the date went fine). Otherwise he sits at home, hopeful, and is crushed when you don't call back. People don't LIKE "direct", usually, but they benefit from "direct". And it's a good skill for us to master too.

You can "confront", but you can limit your anxiety by using a format that works for YOU and has an "exit" you can access quickly, so that if your anxiety suddently sky rockets, you can exit immediately and de-stress.

Wendster said...

p.s. Sending you the e mail update :)

Wendster said...

kitchen scrubby! That would be the PERFECT thing for crockotalkalot to hold.

Good idea!