So, here is my tag post. It's my very first one!
The rules are : List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets. Tag 5 friends and list them. Then, those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people. Don’t forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!
As if there hasn't been enough weirdness around here this week.
1. I don't like mayo, unless it's in chicken or tuna salad or slaw. And even then, it can't be very much in there.
2. I twiddle my thumbs. Drives Jason up the wall in a big way.
3. I have a scar above one of my eyes, from where my mom was cutting my bangs when I was 6 and she got me with the scissors.
4. When I'm tired, I find myself rubbing my thumbnail across my bottom lip. My mom says I've been doing this since I was a baby. I have no idea why, and I usually don't realize I'm doing it until I'm in the middle of it.
5. I like Weird Al's new album. There, I've said it. It feels good to get that out.
Now, I tag: Lissette, Donna, Amanda, Barbie, and Babykins.
Oh, and one more thing - in the midst of my bellyaching -
My kid has learned to read.
Last night as I was putting her to bed, she pulled out her "Little A" book and, basically, read it to me. She needed a little help sounding out some of the words, but she did it. I don't think she memorized the book, because we only read it to her a couple of times and we haven't read it in a couple of weeks.
It's like the last vestage of babyhood has been rippped away. Now, anything is possble.