Friday, October 13, 2006

So it seems Valerie was trying to tag me.

So, here is my tag post. It's my very first one!

The rules are : List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets. Tag 5 friends and list them. Then, those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people. Don’t forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!

As if there hasn't been enough weirdness around here this week.

1. I don't like mayo, unless it's in chicken or tuna salad or slaw. And even then, it can't be very much in there.

2. I twiddle my thumbs. Drives Jason up the wall in a big way.

3. I have a scar above one of my eyes, from where my mom was cutting my bangs when I was 6 and she got me with the scissors.

4. When I'm tired, I find myself rubbing my thumbnail across my bottom lip. My mom says I've been doing this since I was a baby. I have no idea why, and I usually don't realize I'm doing it until I'm in the middle of it.

5. I like Weird Al's new album. There, I've said it. It feels good to get that out.

Now, I tag: Lissette, Donna, Amanda, Barbie, and Babykins.

Oh, and one more thing - in the midst of my bellyaching -



My kid has learned to read.

Last night as I was putting her to bed, she pulled out her "Little A" book and, basically, read it to me. She needed a little help sounding out some of the words, but she did it. I don't think she memorized the book, because we only read it to her a couple of times and we haven't read it in a couple of weeks.

It's like the last vestage of babyhood has been rippped away. Now, anything is possble.

Sigh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you ARE related to my husband - he cannot stand mayo, either!

good talking to you the other day, keep in touch, willya?

Melissa said...

The mayo thing - I have a slightly famous chicken salad recipe that uses Dijonaise, and a little mayo, and every time I go to make it, I have to buy a new jar because the old jar will have gone bad in the meantime.

Lissete said...

OK, I'll post soon. I'll have to think about it though, because I am not weird at all! ;)

You just reminded me about my something my daughtr did when she was 4. I heard her reading The Foot Book & I was like "OMG she is reading!" I run to get the video camera and when I zoom in I notice that the book was upside down!! She had completely memorized it! :)

Melissa said...

See, when I was about 5, I remember reading a book. It was a Sesame Street book about the invention of paper. Don't remember the name, just that Ernie was in it. Anyway, looking back, I think I may have just memorized the book because my mom read it to me every night!

Donna Boucher said...

I shall do it tomorrow!

(That's me, right?)

Melissa said...

Yes, Donna, that's you! I know it can be confusing when you have a common name like we do!