Monday, July 23, 2007

I got carded this morning


Was it for cigarettes? Nope, I don't smoke.

Alcohol? Nope, we live in a "dry county."

It was for Dimetapp.

The world is getting pretty bad when you can't even buy grape flavored medicine for your kid without having to show ID.

I got a call at a few-minutes-till-six this morning, from our presses in Grenada. There was a minor problem with a couple of the pages that were sent down Friday, and even though they aren't my responsibility, I live closest to the paper so I get the call.

I told Jason we're moving back out to the county.

Anyway, I fixed one problem, told the press that I couldn't fix the other problem, and decided to run to WalMart. Because I needed a Coke Zero.

At 6:30 a.m.

Coke. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

While I was in there, I picked up some mousse, and some Tylenol Sinus for me (because I've been a walking sinus monster the last week, inner ear trouble and all) and some Dimetapp for Anna Marie.

Because she gets sick every year this time, and this year I'd really like to avoid a visit to the doctor.

Anyway.

So I go to check out, and I get asked for ID. I can't figure out what for, and then I see - Anna Marie's medicine. They've already put all the good stuff behind the pharmacy counter. What could possibly be in this stuff that I'd need carded for?

I guess they've made imitation grape flavoring illegal now. Maybe there are people cooking up fake Welch's Grape Juice in labs or something.

Maybe I'm in the wrong business.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

oh yeah. we gotta do that, here, for my Advil Cold & Sinus. it's because of a drug in there that freaks use to make meth.

y'know...the ones that drink Coke for breakfast.
like me.