Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I want my L.L. Bean


Rather, I want the L.L. Bean lifestyle.

I want to like to be outdoorsy.

I want to like to go camping.

I want it to snow so I can buy some snow boots! And a parka!

It's hard to go camping here - in the summer, there are the heat and the bugs, and in the winter, it's too dang cold, without the benefit of the snow.

And I want a weekend, preferably lakefront, cabin, that I can decorate with all sorts of outdoorsy materials. Candle holders out of pinecones? No problem!

Maybe that's part of the reason I got Anna Marie's backpack from there. Not only are they well-made, but they give that certain "air" of sporty sophistocation.

I want to be one of "those" people, with North Face jackets and caribiner clips that they really use for rock climbing and bike racks on the tops of their vehicles.

And the disposable income to finance that lifestyle and the free time it requires.

I want to like being outside - I really do!

Maybe if I had the acoutrements, I would like it more. Sort of like making yourself exercise because you paid for a gym membership.

I want my L.L. Bean.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

i as well would like the LL Bean lifestyle. so, so bad.

i keep dreaming of these beach cottages down in Laguna that you can only try to get the reservations @ 8am on the first of the month.

ahhhhh - to wake up and go to sleep each day with the sounds of waves crashing...man. i'm there.