Sunday, October 28, 2007

S-U-N-D-A-Y night!

Yeah, that title worked better last night, when it was Satuday night, and I first thought of it.

But I was too lazy to get up out of bed and get the laptop out.

Besides, we were watching Torchwood in our room, and it was very creepy and suspenseful. My husband really has turned me into a SciFi geek!

It would've been a perfect time to blog, too, since Anna Marie was at mom's and my washing machine was humming along doing my laundry.

I would've talked about how I spent 2.5 hours on the floor of the Senatobia Elementary School gymnasium on Friday, playing "hot potato" with a bunch of 5- and 6-year-olds. Because, even though it was a Friday, a deadline day no less, I took off and went to volunteer at Anna Marie's fall festival.

I don't think there was another kindergartener left in the free world. They were all in that gym, broken down into only slightly more managable groups, rotating among the game stations.

I could've also blogged about going to the Fun Food Fair at my friend LaJuan's church on Saturday. It's their Ladies Guild's (I think that's what they're called) big fundraiser every year. They had food from Belize (Anna Marie's Spanish Teacher, Ms. Michelle), Slovakia, and Mexico (another kindergarten teacher from the school), along with Cajun cooking. They also had lots of sweets (which Jason ate, but I didn't), face painting, a silent auction, and a raffle.

Jason and I had these little taco-like things from Ms. Michelle called salbutes (chicken, topped with a cabbage-based salad, on corn tortillas). It was delicious! Turns out, she owned a restaurant when she lived in Belize. Cool!

Anna Marie, being much less adventureous, just had nachos.

Then I could've talked about how I went to Pickin in the Park afterwards, a concert put on by our local arts council. In a park. Naturally.

Maybe I could've taken pictures of Anna Marie's dinner, which was the chili I made topped with a "cheese face" - pieces of cheese arranged in the shape of a face on top, of course. It started out as a way to get her to eat the chili, and now it's a tradition.

Last night, she said, "I'll never get too old for a cheese face!"

But now, I'm just really tired. We had church, and then praise team practice, and then a staff meeting, and by the end of the afternoon, I was exhausted and had a splitting headache. I curled up on the couch and tried to let the meds kick in. Which they didn't. So the headache persisted into the dinner hour.

Luckily, Jason saved us all from starvation by cooking.

And now, I'm watching Thursday night's episode of Ugly Betty on the DVR, because I used my computer-show-watching-time to catch up on Pushing Daisies.

And now that the weekend is over, I get to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Ugh.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

sorry, cutie. the headache thing must be contagious...i had one most of the day, too.

finally, like you, am feeling better.'

but good luck tomorrow!!!