Thursday, June 19, 2008

Didja miss me?

Probably not. It's probably like when I was in college, and my dad called me all the time, and my mom told him to stop, because he wasn't giving me a chance to miss him.

Or, it could've been because of the enormous long distance bills we were running up. But, whatever.

I found my camera! It wasn't in the Jeep after all - I'm ashamed to admit, it was hiding 'neath a pair of capris that were drying on the back of a chair. When I took them off to wear them this morning, voila!

Guess I should keep a little cleaner house, huh?

Anywho - here are the long-awaited Anna Marie's Debut as a Dancing Princess pictures.







And here is the (partial) video of her tap performance. Not the best quality, since it was taken from the back of the theater with my digital camera, but really, $32.50 for a video of the whole nearly two-hour performance? No offense to the other parents, but I really don't want to sit through two hours of your kid to see 10 minutes of mine.



Jolly Holiday from turnermel on Vimeo.

I really wish I'd gotten the ballet performance, because it was pretty hilarious. Her tiara kept falling off, and it was a "partner dance" she did with her friend Abbi. Eight girls trying to dance in tandem while dressed as princesses? Hilarity ensues.

And I hope you've already gone to Amanda's blog to see the after pictures. I wish I could do with my $300 camera what she does with a $25 one from a thrift store!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

She's precious! And I remember you being on the phone with your parents quite often in college. I was good with the once a week thing! :)

Valerie said...

i always miss you, and it just ain't right we all live so dang far away.

i cannot believe how long her hair is getting...think we could fix her up with an older man...say 8?
my nephew and your girlie....
:o)

Melissa said...

Rachel - too bad there wasn't any such thing as "free long distance" on the cell phones back then! It would've saved my parents a bundle.

Valerie - Age ain't nothin but a number, girl. When she's 25 and he's 27, it won't be a big deal at all.

I have GOT to get her a haircut, preferably before we go to the beach next week. She went to VBS at the church where our hairdresser goes, and I've been telling Sharon all week that we'd be seeing her in a few days!

doodlebugmom said...

she is so cute!

Susie Q said...

Oh how I would have loved to be there...this is a face that is pure perfection.
Please give her a hug and kiss frim me and tell her I think she looked beautiful!

Love,
Sue

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

I LOVE IT!!!

She's freakin' adorable!!!!!!!