Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!



I just love this picture of my two sweeties - and their short sleeves make me wish it was warmer outside!

I hope y'all are having a good day. I've had plenty of awful Valentine's experiences, so I hate to see anyone else down on this day.

Anna Marie seems to be having a better time than she did last year. I gave her a box of Spongebob chocolates this morning, and then I went to her class party. (Because I didn't get a job in the next county! And I can do that!) I ended up checking her out because there was only about half an hour of school left.

I'm the world's worst about waiting until the last minute to get Jason's present. Last year, I totally missed the deadline and had to order something later. Well, this year I got in just under the wire - when I went to Walmart last night to pick up the Reddi-Whip for the class party (sundae bar!) I also picked up a DVD of some cheesy sci-fi movie. I don't know what it's about, but it's called "Croc" so I imagine it to involve a super sized crocodile. But I've been wrong before.

Jason loves those kinds of movies - the kind where science messes with nature, producing some gargantuan animal, who then turns on those who mutated it in the first place. Last year for Christmas I got him the complete set of "Jurrassic Park." I can't even tell you how many times he's watched those! And for his birthday this year, it was all four "Tremors" movies.

(By the way, did you know there were four of those? I didn't.)

I came home one Saturday after going shopping with my mom, only to discover he'd spent the entire day watching a marathon of that nonsense on Sci Fi. Sheesh.

(I'm not interested unless David Tennant is involved. If so, then sign me up!)

He (Jason, not David Tennant) came by my office this morning with a bag of Weight Watchers candy and a pot of tulips. He's getting so sweet in his old age.

Anna Marie almost cried this morning when we got to school and she realized she hadn't gotten me a Valentine. I told her not to worry about it, but when we left this afternoon she handed me a piece of paper. On the front was a classroom coloring sheet. On the back, a big heart. Underneath it was written:

"Mom, this is for you."


Indeed it was.

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

Now that is a pretty sweet Valentine's Day of I do say so myself! Tulips are the best...and AM's card. *sigh* She is just too sweet for words.

Hugs and love,
Sue