Friday, February 15, 2008

Official "Thursday" Weigh-In

These just keep getting later and later, don't they? Last night I didn't stay for my meeting, because I was just so darn tired. The tiredness hit all of a sudden, making me afraid I'd come down with The Flu. And all I could think about was how today is a deadline day, and I had my Really Big Story to finish about the Japanese auto parts plant coming to town, and also an editorial to write telling everyone what a good job they did getting those nice folks from Japan to come here.

Fortunately, after dinner I felt much better.

And then, my mom came over to give Anna Marie her Valentine's present (a kid-sized cookie baking set) and I had to get her settled down for bed after that.

Ha. Hahahahahaha.

I did so by promising that she could see some of the They Might Be Giants podcasts this morning during breakfast. Because, thanks to the Disney Channel, my daughter loves Flansburgh and Linnell nearly as much as I do.

Put a little birdhouse in your soul…

Anyway - what were we here for? Oh yeah. My weight.

Nothing much to report on that front. Stayed the same, 157. So far, I'm digging these digital scales - they make weighing in much much quicker.

In other news - did you know that those folks at Hershey's made a kiss with cheesecake in the middle?

Cheesecake? Really?

And did you know that those folks at Walmart consider them Valentine's food and put them on at half price?

Half price? How could I pass that up?

If it makes you feel any better, I ate a few and put them into a bowl in the middle of my office so everyone could share the burden of dispatching them.

Because I'm evil like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly and I had those cheesecake truffle things and thought the cheesecake flavor wasn't good enough. We thought it tasted more like regular white chocolate instead.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate with cheesecake in the middle? Oh, heaven help me.

And I'd like to know more about they might be giants podcasts. I love their songs, but are they on you tube?

Melissa said...

Well, Amanda, I think you got a bad batch. Because mine sure did taste like New York style cheesecake, just as advertised.

Paige, I think they've probably got some stuff on YouTube. You don't have to have an iPod to get the podcasts - you can just download them to iTunes and view them on the computer. And they're free! How cool is that?

Jolene George said...

I really want to be your weight. I will be one day....
I love how you handled the cheescake kisses. You are too funny!