Friday, September 22, 2006

Whoever came up with this idea…


Is a flippin' genius.

I mean, seriously.

What is the "target demographic" for Taco Bell? That's right - high school and college students.

Can't you just see a bunch of them sitting around, waiting for their order number, and reading these packets out loud? It could even be a "between the sheets" game like the fortune cookies when I was in college (and yes, I went to a Christian school!)

And the sayings are so, you know, insightful.

Take this slogan for instance. It hits the nail, um, packet, straight on the head - LOADS of these things end up in glove boxes every year.

Some other packets talk about looking thirsty, or "carpe sauce," or wanting to be a water bed when they grow up.

Right now, there is a group of hungry young people, wading through the collections of hot sauce packets at their local Taco Bell, hoping against hope that there will be a new slogan they didn't see last time.

"The road to mediocrity is littered with ketchup packets."

"At night, the sporks pick on me."

"Live life one sauce packet at a time."

Genius, I tell you. Pure genius.

2 comments:

Babykins said...

Ooo Ooo Ooo, my favorite is the one that says "Help! I can't tell where I am. It's dark and I can hear laughing."
Also, the spork one is hilarious. Just wanted to drop by and say Hi!

Melissa said...

I wish I could've been on the team that came up with those sayings, but I'll bet they enlisted a bunch of frat guys.