Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Where have I been?

Good question.

First off, Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day and all that.

I hope everyone had a good holiday - we did pretty well, until the part where I got into a major fight with my brother, but at least we talked afterwards and did something my mom's family never does in all their fighting - dealt with the issues.

Anyway.

You'll never believe what I unwrapped Monday night at my mom's house.

Go on, guess.

Let me give you a hint: it came in a big box, and it's named after an insect I normally can't stand.

Give up?

I GOT MY CRICUT!

Yes, my husband bought it at the beginning of December, when it was still $119, and hid it at my mom's house.

Hid it. Because he knew that I'm nosy and if it had been around here I would've found it sure enough.

I've already used it to do a page! It's all very exciting.

Not exciting, however, has been my eating over the past few days. Boy, oh boy, do I ever dread weigh-in tomorrow night! But, I've done the crime (and eaten the brownie pie) so I have to be willing to do the time.

And next week is New Year's. Time for a fresh start.

I also got a panini press from my mother, so I guess I'd better figure out how to make some fancy flat sandwiches.

And I'm really thankful tonight, too, because our office manager Faye's son and daughter-in-law were in a terrible wreck Saturday night, wherein they flipped their SUV and were thrown - her out the window, and him into the back seat - because they weren't wearing their seatbelts.

They're OK - he has a black eye, and she has a broken nose and a fractured pelvis, but it could've been so, so much worse.

Just be in prayer for them, though - they're young (around my age) and physically resilient, but she's a hairdresser and is losing money every day she's not behind that chair.

Oh, yeah, they're converted seatbelt wearers now too. Pray that sticks!

She finally got to come home from the hospital today, because she was able to walk across the floor of her room. Now she'll need physical therapy, but I figure since they're both alive, they can pull together and work through that too.

And knowing they were going to be OK was the best Christmas present that Faye could get.

3 comments:

Susie Q said...

How awful to be in such a wreck but how wonderful they are all okay.

A Cricut!! How cool is that! You will be busy huh? : )

I know that AM had a wonderful day...and you all too.

Blessings to you all.

Love and hugs,
Sue

Valerie said...

HOLY FREAKING CRAP I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW!!!! i watched an infomercial yesterday for the Cricut and i'm starting to think i was wrong to only ask for a Bind-it-All. dagnabbit.

SO glad your office manager's son & his wife were OK. years ago, we got broadsided by a drunk, and after that we were orthodox belt wearers. now in California, it's the law to wear 'em. and, of course, people bitch about it.

whatev. watch someone you love die or be in a coma for years because they didn't want to be uncomfortable.

gettin' off the soapbox now. and i'm still jealous. :o)

Melissa said...

Valerie, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Bind-it-All until folks started showing up on the CKMB and their blogs with them after Christmas - that shows how behind-it-all I am when it comes to scrapbooking trends!

And I've always been a seat belt wearer, since I started driving, and it saved my life a few days before I graduated high school when I totaled my car and nearly went through the windshield. Yes, I had a "seatbelt hickey" on my neck and a big bruise on my chest, but at least I got the chance to walk away from that crash.