Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Leapin' lizards!

(Sorry, Lissete - I know how much you hate these things!)

Last night, Jason told Anna Marie she'd have to pick up her Thomas train tracks that ran from one end of the living room to the other. She was distraught, because she was really digging the track configuration, and didn't want to take the time to draw it.

I suggested she take a picture, which led to her wanting to take portraits of all her trains, which led to a lesson in using the macro setting.

Which also led to me taking her picture, because its been awhile.

She asked if she could hold something, and grabbed a lizard she'd made in the shape of an "L" for school. (There was also a snake-shaped "S" among other things)





This one is ultra-realistic. She even included blood - I guess her lizard had gotten into a few scrapes along the way.



I was rather put out to realize the flash was still off after Jason used it to take a picture last week. By the time I'd turned it on, the moment had passed and she was out of the mom-taking-a-picture-of-me mood.

I've also been playing with my Cricut. Here are a few of my layouts.







And this was a scrap of Bazzil, which I turned into a bookmark.




I've just informed Jason of the existence of packs of paper that Cricut sells that are already 6X12 and don't have to be cut down to fit the mat. It's the first step in me being able to procure a few packs.

I don't know how many of you got the wild weather yesterday, but I hope everyone is safe and sound!

1 comment:

Lissete said...

I can deal with little AM's lizard! I love that you actually use your scrap stuff! I need to do the same. I got a Silhouette back in Sept. and have used it about 3x.