Monday, January 28, 2008

What a ham!


So, as I said before, Jason did take one for the team and ferry Anna Marie to the hockey game on Thursday night. Here, she's "fueling up" for the performance with a Back Yard Burgers chicken strips meal.

(Hey - it was Thursday, when kids eat free. Think we're going to pass up the promise of a free meal? Think again.)

I don't really know if he "enjoyed" it or not - he's so hard to read. They saw about 10 minutes of the game, and came home. But Little AM informed me when she got up on Friday morning that he had promised they could go to another game (one that wasn't on a school night) and stay the whole time.

Bet he's going to make me take her by myself, just for payback. I'll have to remind him of all the Grizzlies games I've taken her to, sans him.

He did, however, take a short video of the performance. And I do mean short. The song is a VERY edited version of Party Like a Rock Star.


Untitled from turnermel on Vimeo.

I was a little unhappy when I came to pick her up one day and heard that song playing, lest she want to hear the unedited version, but I honestly don't think she's paying that much attention.

I do take comfort that, even if my kid doesn't quite look like she's doing it perfectly, neither does anyone else. Hey, misery (or poor performances) loves company!

I will get to see her perform it, though, in a couple of weeks. She has to go to a nursing home and perform the Sunday after Valentine's Day.

Those folks won't know what hit them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck?! Anna Marie has performances?

Lissete said...

Awww so cute! She does love the applause huh?? There are a bunch of places around here that had/have kids eat free nights. When the girls were little we knew them all. Can't pass up a free meal and balloon animals! :)

Melissa said...

I was amazed at how much she enjoyed the applause. I guess I've never seen her in a situation where lots of people applauded for her (at the Nutcracker, they just did a drive-by curtain call for the little ones).

Yes, Amanda, she has performances - and you need to come to Baptist DeSoto on Feb. 17 for her next one!

Valerie said...

well, stick her in some black eyed peas and let's have dinner!!

she is too dang cute...it makes me think what Erin is gonna be like when she hits school. oy.