Yeah, this is bad.
Y'all, I gained another pound this week! And, I've had to take a long, hard look at myself in the process.
Not a pretty sight.
While I did "better" this week, did I really do what was required to lose the weight?
I had way too many days of keeping up with my food intake in my head, which doesn't work well at all. Because my head tends to forget the trips past Shirley's Candy Dish of Doom, which contains not only peppermint nougats emblazoned with Christmas trees, but now also holds almond Hershey's Kisses, AND some peppermint Andes.
I didn't even know there was such an animal as a peppermint crunch Andes, but, Heaven help me, they're good.
So, in the spirit of several other bloggers of note, I'm making some goals for the new year.
1. WRITE IT DOWN. I'm serious. I'm writing everything down. Whether it'll look good to the casual observer or not. No more keeping up with it in my head, because I've got enough stuff to keep up with up there as it is.
2. KEEP EXERCISING I did better about that this week, but I suspect that my weight gain was either 1. a continuation from my Christmas indescretions, 2. a result of the Chinese food I had Wednesday for lunch, or 3. the new pants I was wearing that were a bit heavy.
3. WATER. Do I really have to go into this one?
4. DAIRY. During the Discovery Health Channel's spate of shows on the super obese over the holidays (scare tactics, anyone?) they had a segment on dairy. And how that lowfat dairy helps burn fat. And I'm all about burnin' some extra fat, y'all, because I've got plenty to burn!
5. VEGGIES. I used to buy a bag of pre-cut veggies, originally meant for steaming, and keep them in the fridge at work. I haven't done that lately, because, well, when I went to the store the veggies didn't look all that great. I've got to be better about the raw veggie thing.
6. VITAMINS. On another scare-you-skinny show (BBC America's You Are What You Eat) this week, a woman was told she had bad PMS because her magnesium levels were low. Oh my heck, people, get me some magnesium. Because I go pretty much halfway insane when it gets close to that time.
In closing, I've been thinking a lot lately about an old song I used to hear in church: "This joy that I have, the world didn't give it to me, the world didn't give it and the world can't take it away."
Know the only thing that can take away my weight loss success? Me and my big mouth.
And Shirley's Candy Dish of Doom.
Happy New Year, y'all!