Saturday, December 23, 2006

Clean and tidy

Well, mostly anyway.

We've worked hard all afternoon on our house, making sure everything (with the exception of Jason's office!) is presentable. I thought we were going to have Christmas Day over here, but Amanda mentioned everyone coming over tomorrow night as well. Whatever - we'll just go with the flow!

Thursday night we realized that the top third of our (brand new, prelit) tree was not lighting! Well, Friday night Jason went to the local Big Box Retailer for a light tester. Apparently it was too sensitive, so we took it back today. It's replacement was one recommended by the consumer reporter from one of our local TV stations. It worked perfectly, and we found the offending (and not blown, just loose) bulb.

Let there be light, indeed.

I can scarcely believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Although, since I've been out in all the hubub the last few days, it should not come as a surprise! We're having a candle light service tomorrow night, which I was charged with writing. Then, we'll probably go to Mom's and open presents. We'll leave some here, like the ones we bought, to be opened Monday morning. I told one of my coworkers that I didn't want Anna Marie to be completely overwhelmed, and he said that was kinda the point.

Not really. Especially when you're trying to teach a young child to appreciate all the gifts she has been given - both the tangible and the intangible.

I pray you all have the most wonderful, blessed Christmas season you've ever experienced. Thank you so much for listening to me ramble on during the past year, and for even posting comments to let me know you're there.

Oh, and say a little prayer for Valerie over at Random Thoughts and her husband (and furbaby) - they're a little under the weather, and they're planning an airplane ride for Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

dang you...you made me cry.
i love you.
Merry Christmas.

Melissa said...

Right back atcha Val, right back atcha.

Hope y'all are feeling better.

Jolene George said...

Merry Christmas Melissa. I hope you all had a wonderful day. I cleaned what I could and shut the doors to what I couldn't get to. :o)
That Valerie is a sweetie and I hope they are both feeling better.