Friday, December 29, 2006

Ta dah!


As promised, my Very Special Present.

(Sorry for the not-so-great picture. I took it this morning on my way out the door.)

I got it Tuesday. Jason brought it home, and I came in from work to find it smack dab in the middle of the kitchen where he'd assembled it. Thanks hon!

I really, really like it. It's got a counter that tells you how far, how fast, and how many minutes you've gone, along with how many calories you've burned. I really don't trust that last measure, but the others are all good.

And when the commercials say it's a total body workout, they aren't kidding! I've done a mile a day on it for the past three days, and I can really feel it all over. That's why I chose it over the recumbent bike I was considering, because I didn't think the bike would give me the upper-body workout I needed. I only have a short space of time to work out (I'm so important and pressed for time, you know) so I needed to maximize every minute.

Anna Marie loves it too. I'm not sure how safe it is for her to get on it, but she just kind of swings back and forth a little. I told her she could only get on if I was in the room to watch her.

I hate having it in the middle of the living room, but I don't really have any other place for it. I'd put it in my room, but the bed takes up most of the space. Also, I don't have to worry about disturbing Jason if he's got an early day and has already gone to bed.

Guess it's a good thing I got exercise equipment for Christmas, since I did gain that pound!

My mom is going to get the Ab Lounge. I told her we can switch up - she can come over and do the Gazelle (once her foot heals - she had another surgery yesterday) and I can go to her house to get on the Ab Lounge. Perfect!

I'm really hoping I can keep up my exercise streak. Wish me luck!

P.S. - I'm so (as Anna Marie would say) insighted - we get off at noon again today! Yippee!

5 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

I have one of these...its great for hanging laundry one too!

(i had such good intentions too!guess i should drag it out again)

Happy New Year

doodlebugmom said...

oops, that should be hanging laundry on...not "one"

Valerie said...

cool! i sortof wanted one too, but have really no place to put it.

hey! loving the new blog layout! such purty colors!

Melissa said...

Oh, I've resolved that I won't use this for a clothes hanger - seen that happen too many times!

And thanks for the compliment Valerie! I did it at work today, with my good monitor!

Jolene George said...

My parents have the gazelle and I have the ab lounge...so need to get using it again. You're great motivation!