Monday, August 18, 2008

Never put off until Monday

What you should be doing all weekend.

I've got to quit letting this blogging thing get behind - both my reading others, and my posting - because then it ends up taking more time than I have to spend.

Not that you guys aren't totally worth it. I'm just sayin'.

So, here's a bit of randomness from my weekend.

* It's official. My coffee maker's built-in grinder is finished. I do have some ground coffee (mocha - yum!) but I also have a box of beans that must not go to waste! Since I can't afford either a coffee grinder, or a whole new set up, right now, I'll have to get creative. Like, borrowing the coffee grinder which sits in our kitchen at work and grinding all the beans at once.

Not the best solution, but the only one I can think of that won't cost several days' wages.

I do intend to save up for another all-in-one unit, though, because I like the convenience of putting the beans in when I load up the machine the night before and having the whole operation running when I get up.

* Speaking of getting up, I'm afraid that if I want to work exercise into my morning - and it clearly isn't working to work it in at night - I'm going to have to rise another half hour early during the week.

5:30 a.m., here I come.

* Between Jason (accidentally) hitting me in the nose with the cabinet door on Saturday night, and Anna Marie (accidentally) hitting me in the nose with her fist tonight when I was trying to help her get settled down in bed, I'll soon be in need of a new nose to go along with my new coffee maker.

If I didn't develop a bruise from Saturday's altercation, a nice one should show up from tonight. And now I'm also developing a headache from the blow.

* I could really use a few prayers/good vibes right now, because I've got two big projects - our football special edition, and our magazine - that have to be finished in the next two weeks. And early deadlines next week because of the holiday. And my normal work. Oh, yeah, and after that, a probable murder trial. So, yeah, I'm just a wee bit stressed right now. Breaking down in tears (when coupling these factors with some other current stressful situations, none of which I have any power to change right now) is not an uncommon occurrance in my life right now.

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be able to slip away at lunch and attend my book club meeting, which I haven't been able to do in a couple of months because of prior commitments.

Hope everyone else is having a better day than I am!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

hang in there lovey! you always pull it off, and this time will be no exception...and whatever kill you only makes your stronger, blah, blah, blah!

Wendster said...

I think those "days" are making their rounds. I had one of 'THOSE DAYS' last Monday ... really bad.

But tonight was fine.

You are young and spunky and solution oriented and such a hard worker. I know you'll handle everything you need to handle and all will be well.

Now ... no more punches in the nose.