Thursday, August 21, 2008

Official Thursday Weigh-In

Not!

Ok, so I didn't go weigh in tonight.

I know! It's awful! I'll give you a minute to return your pulse rate to normal.

Tonight was Anna Marie's open house at school, and it started at 6:00 p.m.

Technically, weigh-in is supposed to begin at 6:00 p.m., but the ladies are usually there about 5:30 p.m. But, every time I try to weigh in and leave to get somewhere early, I run into some kind of snag - they're late, or there's someone who needs a lot of special attention, or something.

Plus, I don't like to eat before I weigh in (because, let's face it, I still have plenty of fat to show up on the scale, without adding dinner) and it wouldn't have given me time to eat before open house. So I'd just now be getting dinner.

And now is when I have to go put Little AM to bed.

And so it goes - my first time to willfully (meaning not out of town) play hooky from weigh in.

Don't worry - I'll be back in there next week!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

it's OK, i played hooky today, too.
it's too dang hot and i'm too dang sunburned.

Wendster said...

Gotta quit getting behind on your blog! How does that happen?

Hey. I absolve you (as if I have the power .. hey ... I just decided I DO have the power ... just appointed myself ... ummmm ... absolvER) of all guilt trips from not going on Thursday night to your weigh in. Heck. You can't be in TWO places at once. And school will NOT understand if you miss Back to School Night.

Absolved!

Want me to absolve anything else?

I've got this wand here.

I can wave it over anything you like. (Can we wave it over our fat? Then you could win the race to 100 lbs loss right now! And I could wear my skinny skinny clothes on Tristan's first day of school. heh!)