Thursday, August 07, 2008

That which shall not be named

Well, if you must know, this is what is going on today, but we shan't talk about it.



Instead, we shall talk about yesterday, which, being my birthday, I took off from work.

And, since Jason had to work, Little AM and I had a little mom-daughter time.

We went to the auction for lunch, and, wouldn't you know it, I got pressed in to service - first as a cashier, and then on the serving line.

Such is the pitfall of a family-owned business.

I had promised Anna Marie we'd do something special, since it was my birthday, and it was the last day of summer break, so we went to the movies to see Space Chimps. Cute movie, lots of pop culture references, yada, yada, yada.

And then the main event - the obligatory dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse.

Where Anna Marie's preferred method of eating spaghetti was this:



Which resulted in this:




And Anna Marie pretending to return the favor:



Of course, there was the other birthday girl, coyly sipping her Diet Coke with no ice:



And the obligatory Anna Marie posing on the giant dragon carvings in the entry way.



So, we won't talk about this morning - because some of us are still recovering, and have lots and lots of paperwork to fill out between now and tomorrow morning.

Nope, we won't talk about it at all.

4 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

Happy Birthday! (how come parents get all that paper-work-home-work the first day of what we can't talk about?!)

Anonymous said...

That picture of her from this morning is the cutest!

Melissa said...

Oh Amanda, did you notice - per your request - she wore a hair bow to school this morning!

Susie Q said...

I think this should have been shouted from the mountain tops!!!

Happy, Happy birthday!!! I think these photos are so sweet and gosh but they made me smile. Now, Happy Happy Birthday again!!!

You are such a special lady and I am gosh darned proud to know you!!

Love,
Sue