Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dang it - I've been tagged!

Just when I needed something else to blog about - you know, besides a certain newly minted kindergartener?

I've been tagged by Heather at Desperately Seeking Sanity. (Sorry, don't have my handy-dandy link code crib sheet with me!)

Here are the rules:

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.

4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.

5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Let's see if I can pull this off.

D is for the double chin that I don't have any more!
A is for Anna Marie, my one-and-probably-only youngin'
R is for Raney, my maiden name.
L is for logical, which I most definitely am not!
E is for English, of course - my college major.
N is for nosey - good gracious, it's one of my worst traits!
E is for Emmanuel College, where I met Jason.

My middle name, Darlene, comes from my ex-aunt. I guess that's what you'd call her - she was married to my mom's brother, but they divorced about 12 years ago. At the time of my birth, my parents were really close with my aunt and uncle. We remained close off and on over the years, and she was one of my favorite aunts. In fact, mom told me recently that before her own daughter was born when I was about two, my aunt treated me like Amanda treats Anna Marie. Too bad I was too young to remember!

My best friend in kindergarten was also named Melissa, but her middle name was Kay. I had another Melissa as a friend in junior high and high school, and I think her middle name was something like Claire. I haven't met any other Melissa Darlenes.

So, now I need to tag some folks.

Valerie
Lissete
Linda
Suzie Q
Sheila
Steff
Paige

And, if you aren't on the list, don't despair - I had to narrow it down to seven names for the seven letters in Darlene. You can play too - honest!

Have fun!

6 comments:

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

That was fun!! :)

Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

I asked AM today what color her hair is and she said it's dark blonde and that Dayton had told her so. My red headed friend at church says we have to nip this in the bud!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I would love to play along. But unfortunately I have no middle name. It's always been a sore spot with me.

Melissa said...

Paige, you're like Harry Truman! He didn't have a middle name, but he did have a middle initial. I think the "S" was for both of his grandfathers, since they didn't want to offend either.

The trend these days (did you know?) is to give kids two middle names - like they're the flippin' Prince of Wales or something!

Susie Q said...

That is a fun thingee!!
Okay, I will play...hm...gotta think and my thinker hurts. : )

Hugs that gorgeous red head for me.

Love,
Sue

Sheila said...

Hey, thanks for the tag! I'll be playing this tonight on m blog. I've been officially tagged by you, and also Susie Q!