Friday, May 23, 2008

Dang that Heather!

No sooner do I send out a Tweet (you know, on Twitter, hie thee hither y'all!) that I need to concentrate on getting a couple of things done because I'm leaving at noon, and then she goes and tags me.

Sigh.

So, here it goes.

It's all true

Favorite person (outside family)? This is hard! I have so many favorite people,
like my GM Shirley, or our office manager Faye, or, well, I'm just not going to narrow it down!

Favorite food? At this point, I'm sure you've realized it's whole wheat couscous. And that I'm topping it with lots of different things that are yummy. And that you're tired of me talking about it! But that's it. I (heart) whole wheat couscous.

Quirks about you? I have to open packages per the manufacturer's recommendations. I've always been this way - don't just tear into that package of batteries! There is a little tab on the back and some perforations for a reason! Use them!

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? Fearfully and wonderfully made in His image. (Ok, so this was Heather's answer, and it rocked so much I stole it!)

Any regrets in life? That I waited so long to get my health in order; that I didn't seek help with my postpartum depression, which hurt the people I love most; that my big mouth has hurt some of the people in my life.

Favorite Charity/ Cause? I can't really think of one. I suppose it would have to be missions, both at home and overseas, because while I can't be everywhere at once, I can give to different folks who are out there with the Good News.

Favorite Blog recently? Nope. Not going to play into that one!

Something you can’t get enough of? Anna Marie's hugs. And kissing her little kissable cheeks. They're just delicious.

Worst job you’ve ever had? Hands down, front counter at a discount dry cleaners. I have a really weak stomach, and some of the stuff on those clothes would make me gag. Throw them away, people - don't bring them to me! It was also hot, and I was on my feet all day, and the only way you could get a break was if you smoked, which I didn't. Not even a lunch break! I quit after four days.

What job would you pay NOT to have? Anything dealing with washing dishes. If I didn't have a dishwasher at home (or a husband who likes to clean) we'd be eating off paper plates!

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? In the daily lives of some of the bloggers I read. I'm just nosy that way.

Favorite Bible verse right now? In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16:33) When I see the turmoil in the world, I have to remember this!

Guilty Pleasure? British reality shows, like You Are What You Eat and How Clean is Your House? Odd choices, I know, for someone with a weak stomach!

Got any confessions? I don't always exercise like I should!

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? Probably a new mattress, because ours is 10 years old. Although that wouldn't only benefit me.

Favorite thing about your house? The old fashioned glass doorknobs. And the fact that it's walking distance from my job!

Least favorite thing about your house? The fact that the washer and dryer are in the kitchen.

One thing you are bad at? Being consistent.

One thing you’re good at? Grandiose schemes. You should see some of the ideas bouncing around in my noggin.

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? I'd be doing something that would allow me to work from home.

Who would you like to meet someday? Bloggy friends.

What makes you feel sexy? The way my husband thinks I'm beautiful, and always has, even when I was 90 lbs. heavier.

Who is your real life hero? Does it sound corny to say my husband? Yes, he's imperfect, and there are things that annoy me about him, but he's a great dad and a very hard worker, and best of all, he's put up with me for a very long time.

What is the hardest part of your job? Reporting difficult stories, like crime or problems within the community, and keeping "above the fray."

When are you most relaxed? Laying in bed watching something on TV, especially The Golden Girls on the DVR in there.

What stresses you out? Lots of stuff. I'm constantly battling with worry.

What can you not live without? God. I don't know how other folks do.

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists? I think some are, and sometimes I think I am, but I think most of us just want to share and read what others have shared about our struggles with life.

Why do you blog? I like to write, and it helps me to "talk" things out on here.
Plus, the world needs more pictures of little red heads.

Now, the hardest part - tagging others!

• New/ newer bloggers (or at least new to me): Rachel and Wendy

• Bloggy friends: Linda and Valerie

• Bloggers you’d like to get to know better Paige and Steff

• Bloggers you don’t think will respond, but you hope will Sheila and Amanda

And, if you feel left out, well then just jump right in. Go on. I don't mind, I promise.

Now, it'll take me the rest of the day to notify all these tag-ees.

9 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

I love reading these, a great way to get to know you better. Will be working on mine.

Have a great long weekend!

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

You didn't have to do that right now you know... lol....

i don't have a dishwasher, or a husband... we don't eat off paper plates though. I stopped that a few months ago. We used to... ALL The time... now I just don't do the dishes... SNORT.

and my washer/dryer is in the kitchen too. ... HATE IT!!!!

and speaking of meeting... i'm SUPPOSED to take a road trip to Mississippi this summer... to Jackson... and it's only an extra hour out of our way to come home your way, so if it all works out, I would LOVE to meet you... if not, some time when i'm down there, we'll have to at least meet half way... and have dinner... and talk. Beacuse we're both REALLY good at that!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I haven't seen this one before. I'll do it, although it may not be right away. Have a fun trip.

Wendster said...

Beginning work on my meme!

Wendster said...

My post is all ready for you to come and see. I tweaked it a bit. Hope you don't mind.

Steff said...

Okay since you tagged me...I'll play along!

And I love The Golden Girls too! That Sophia...she always cracks me up. :)

Susie Q said...

Phooey...you did not tag me...*sniffle* So I just might steal this anyway. So there.

And I loved reading your answers...

Love,
Sue

Sheila said...

Loved reading your answers! I'll do mine as soon as I can get to it!

Melissa said...

Thanks so much everyone - and Sue, you know why I hate having to tag people? Because I always leave someone out! Please feel free to answer though!

Heather - that would be awesome! Just let me know when!