Thursday, July 06, 2006

We may be in trouble.



Gone are the days when I could tell Anna Marie whatever I wanted about bedtime or the times other things were happening.

Her Aunt Manda has purchased a set of flash cards, and she's learning to tell time.

Poor thing, though, she tried on two of our clocks last night, one in the living room and one in the dining room - but the added element of Roman numerals threw her off. Not to worry - we have a "normal" clock in the bathroom.

Now, when I tell her it's bed time, she can tell whether I'm trying to get her in a little early or not. She thinks her bedtime is 9 p.m., but what she doesn't know is that since she doesn't take naps, I've been putting her to bed at 8:30. Some nights, like when she has to get up extra early, she goes to bed at 8! Now, she's smart enough to figure out what's going on and argue!

I guess it's just another symptom of her growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always looked forward to the day my boys would be able to tell time. I never thought about the fact that I put them to bed a little early every now and then. Maybe I can wait... LOL.

Aloha,
Melody

Melissa said...

Yeah, I've been dreading this for a while now. She has a clock beside her bed (because she felt left out that we had an alarm clock, and my sister does, and my parents do, but she doesn't, so my folks bought her one!) and now she's looking at it to tell me that she has more time to stay up!