Monday, June 26, 2006

Ever have one of those days?


Well, I'm having one of those days. Or, should I say, more than a day. I'm just in a funk.

It's pretty darn hot here, and the air is out in my van. I was led to believe it would be a simple, $25 switch, but no - there's a leak in the system! Dad and Jason bought special coolant which was supposed to stop a leak, but jugding by the performance today at lunch, it isn't fixed after all. And with Jason going out of town next week, it's anyone's guess when that will get fixed.

Last night, not only did the power supply on the laptop go bad, but the plug-in itself (as in, that thing attached to the inside of the computer) began to MELT! Now, we have to send it to Dell for repairs. It's just out of warranty (of course), but Jason has no recollection of being asked to purchase an extended warranty. So, it's all on us, to the tune of about $200.

(Did I mention the dental work Jason had this morning, nearly $200 worth? Or the fact that in three weeks he has to have another round done, and nearly $200 more?)

And I really feel like I should be doing other things with my life, but at this point I'm out of options and no one seems to be listening to me.

I know it could be worse - it has been worse - but I just can't shake this "pity party" feeling I'm having today.

Woe is me.

No comments: