Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!


(Anna Marie was not being very cooperative this morning when I was trying to take this picture, in case you didn't notice.)

We've just been lazing about today, since the weather has been just nasty. It rained buckets and buckets yesterday, and today has been a repeat performance.

I spent yesterday evening at a reception for Jeremy and Lindsey hosted by her dad in Millington. Well, after we spent 45 minutes trying to find the place on Jeremy's directions and finally had to meet him somewhere and follow him in. He did not inherit dad's sense of direction. That distinction went to Jonathan. Anyway, we had a nice time, and I totally used up a TON of flex points. Oh well - that's what they're there for, and besides, I had given blood that morning so I needed more food!

Aunt Esther and Alison came down to church this morning, and Al looks great! You'd never guess she gave birth just a couple of months ago. Good on ya, Al! Afterwards, we all went to Rio Lindo and Anna Marie took it upon herself to invite our Crittenden County relations over. Panic alert! I knew the living room and kitchen were clean, but the table had several days worth of "bring it in and set it here because we're too tired to properly put it away" stuff on it, and Anna Marie's room looks like the proverbial tornado hit it. Luckily, Jason and AM came home first and I rode with the others, so he had a chance to make the table presentable. I told them we'd have to have them over when we had more notice.

My parents were supposed to come over tonight for a cook-out, but the weather has taken care of that. Dad wants to go to Batesville to eat at Western Sizzlin, so we may all do that. I guess one meal of family togetherness wasn't enough for him.

Anyway, happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, and the ones who don't have any kids of their own but are like fathers to some. And most especially to my dad and to Jason! Two men who like nothing better than to tickle their children into hysterics, and then do it all over again.

No comments: