Friday, June 09, 2006

My dad


Well, what a day THIS has been. It all started at some point last night, because I spent most of the night tossing and turning, unable to sleep. I still don't know why.

Then first thing this morning, Jeremy comes in to say that he's been laid off. He has a surprisingly good attitude about the whole thing.

Oh, yeah, then he casually mentions that dad's at the doctor with chest pains and is probably headed to the hospital.

DO WHAT?

I had a meeting to cover, so when I got out I called mom. She was at the hospital with him. They'd already run an EKG at the doctor's office and would admit him at Baptist DeSoto to run more tests. He's there now, and so is she.

This was such a busy weekend - the local Relay for Life is tonight, and I was supposed to cover it. Luckily, Shirley is going (like she does to everything else around here) and promised to take pictures so Amanda and I can go to Southaven to see dad.

Tomorrow is our big Community Day at church, and mom still wants us to go on as planned. We had a wedding to attend tomorrow before the church thing, but I'm not sure if we'll make it to that or not.

I just wish he would take better care of himself!

I know this isn't a very good picture, but it's all I had at work with me today. It's classic dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave Cheree the wrong url! I forgot the dash between Melz and World. You'll have to correct that with her. Sowwwwwy!

Melissa said...

I HATE that there has to be the dash, but apparently the non-dash version was taken!