Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Slooowly coming out of the funk . . .


Everything isn't all better, but it is getting some better. I have come to a couple of realizations in the last few days.

1. Even though I was raised in church, the daughter, granddaughter, and wife of ministers (and dabbling in it myself on occasion), I am more like the average believer than I'd like to admit. When everything is going OK, I don't make time with God and His word a priority like I should. When I'm in a funk, what do I do? I read as much as I can get my hands on, pray ALL THE TIME, and even watch selected Christian TV programs to find a way out. When I get out, it's back to the same old, same old. I AM NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE!

NOT THIS TIME.

As God is my helper (and witness, for those of you who are Gone With The Wind Fans) I will not allow myself to get into this state again, if getting into this funk means that I've not spent enough time with Him. As that Arrested Development song said, I need to remember to use God for my steering wheel, not just my spare tire.

2. If, as I say, what I want to be doing with my life is writing full time, then gosh darn it, I'd better get to authoring. I can't just have that "pie in the sky" dream, with all of these ideas rattling around in my head, and not put them on paper, and wonder why a year from now I'm still wanting to be that author. I can't blame it on an inablility to get published, if I never give anyone anything to reject!

Well, those are my epiphanies for this week. Maybe more pearls of wisdom will be dropping from my lips soon.

Also, notice me smiling. Notice me also turning over a new leaf to focus on the positive things in my life, and not so much on the negative. For instance, the odd way my face looks now that I've lost weight, or that my nose really is 80% of my face like Brian Robertson told me in third grade.

No comments: